Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Just My Thoughts- From Mimi D.

Over the last few weeks I've had conversations with a great group of professionals from Chicago; including local music artists, musicians, entertainers and entrepreneurs. During each conversation the one word that I heard is "Success." I believe we all strive for success but does that just come from the desire to be rich, say that you have certain things or do you truly enjoy what you do? Are you willing to give back to your community? Throughout your busy schedule do you make time with your family? Do you respect other people feelings that have supported you from the beginning or do you over-look them?  I ask because if you weren't where you are now, how many could you actually call?

I bring these things up because I believe that we change, adjust our lives and work at being successful for the reason of standing out or looking better than someone else. I believe that our original goals for success revolved around those that we love and I know that it can't all be so simple at times. It so important that we all keep a strong support system behind us, someone to talk or just listen, someone who understands what we endure or just cares enough to ask, is there anything that you need from me? You feel like your being pulled in different directions and that no one cares but that's not true. Don't get so caught up in what you're pursuing that you forget that everyone needs an outlet even outside of their profession. You should keep your focus but don't forget about the small aspects of life that make you who you are. And don't take for granted the things in life that are not replaceable. Life should be lived each day as your last but don't forget to acknowledge and embrace only the things God can provide. 


Sincerely,



Just My Thoughts- Mimi. D




No comments:

Post a Comment